AFFORDABLE STRIPING & SEALING, LLC
4440 E Alexander Rd
Suite A , Las Vegas, NV 89115
Contractor license NV #67803
Copyright 2019 – Affordable Striping & Sealing, LLC
The companies that manufacture sealcoating advise that the best time to apply their products is when the temperature is around 70 degrees and the humidity is less than 60 percent. The sealant also needs to receive three to six hours of sunlight. In the Vegas area, the humidity and sunlight are not a problem for sealcoating contractors. However, in a typical year, there are only a couple of months during which the temperature is going to hover around 70 degrees during the day without falling below 50 degrees at night. From May through September, it is common for the average daytime temperature to exceed 90 degrees, and at the height of summer, temperatures often exceed 100 degrees. Therefore, many people wonder whether it can be too hot to apply asphalt sealcoating.
Sealcoating manufacturers do not recommend applying sealants if the temperature is above 90 degrees. However, if you choose an experienced, reputable sealcoating contractor, he or she will know how to successfully apply sealants when the temperature is much higher. At Affordable Striping & Sealing, we routinely sealcoat on extremely hot days and achieve excellent results. This is because we know the various steps we can take to ensure a high-quality job.
• During very hot weather, we know that the application rate is extremely critical. It is important that the sealant is applied in thin coats. Unfortunately, some inexperienced sealcoating contractors think that they can compensate for the heat by applying the sealant in a thick coat. A thick coat will dry too quickly on the surface and trap uncured sealant underneath. This will result in tracking as well as the premature failure of the sealant.
• On the hottest days, we know that we may need to cool the pavement before applying a sealant. If the pavement is too hot, the sealant can dry before it has a chance to permeate the pores of the pavement. The bond can be so weak that cars driving across the pavement can strip the sealant, robbing your pavement of the protection it needs.
• Whenever possible, we schedule work to begin early in the day. Even during the hottest months, overnight lows may be below 80 degrees. If we can apply the sealcoating before the pavement heats up too much, many problems can be avoided. Once the sealant is successfully applied, the rising temperature will be more of a benefit than a detriment.
• We know how to prepare a sealcoating mix that is suitable for use in hot weather. For example, an aggregate can help control the speed at which the water will evaporate from the sealant. There are also additives that can be included in the mix to help ensure successful results.
• We know that a successful job requires an attentive crew, so we take steps to protect our employees when they are working in the heat. We know that they need to stay hydrated, take breaks in the shade and follow proper safety procedures to protect themselves and deliver their best work.
• If we do not believe that we can provide you with quality results, we will not attempt the job. We want to establish long-lasting relationships with our customers, and we believe that the best way to accomplish this is to always provide work in which we can take pride.
If you need an ethical, experienced, reliable sealcoating contractor in Las Vegas, choose Affordable Striping & Sealing. We offer asphalt sealcoating, parking lot line striping, asphalt maintenance, asphalt crack sealing and a selection of other services for maintaining asphalt pavements. We are known for our affordable prices and superior work. To receive a free quote, complete the online form or give us a call at 702-222-9009.