Given the fact that Boulder City is situated just 26 miles from Las Vegas, many people are surprised to learn that the town is one of the only two Nevada locations to prohibit gambling. Therefore, although there are casinos nearby, they are legally prohibited from operating within the city limits. Nevertheless, the more than 15,000 residents and the numerous tourists arriving to visit Hoover Dam and Lake Mead can find many cultural and recreational activities in the area. At Affordable Striping & Sealing, we often provide parking lot striping, asphalt crack repair, sealcoating, parking lot design, pavement marking, traffic sign installation, road markings, wheel stop installation, and stenciling services to businesses in Boulder City.
Boulder City, Nevada
What Is the History of Boulder City?
During the early 1930s, the country was in the grip of the Great Depression. Although intermittent discussions about building a dam on the Colorado River had taken place since around 1900, it was not until 1928 that the federal government approved the construction and authorized the funding. Soon after the news became public, hundreds of unemployed workers began arriving in the area, setting up tent cities and shantytowns along the banks of the Colorado. By being on the scene when the hiring began, the workers hoped that they would increase their chances of securing jobs on the project, which, taking its name from Boulder Canyon, was initially known as Boulder Dam.
Under federal supervision, a community to house the workers was carefully planned. Parks, green spaces, and landscaping were included in the plan, and the design included housing for around 5,000 workers. Boulder City was very similar to typical company towns built by private enterprises, including the restrictions placed on workers. Alcohol was not permitted in the town until 1969, access was gained through a gatehouse and required a permit, gambling was illegal, and opportunities for amusement or entertainment were limited.
The government maintained control of the town until 1959, and Boulder City was officially incorporated in January 1960. At the time of incorporation, there were approximately 4,000 residents in Boulder City. There are now about four times as many residents in the town.
Which Asphalt Services Does Affordable Offer in Boulder City?
Affordable Striping & Sealing serves hotels, restaurants, resorts, retailers, office parks, hospitals, schools, churches, and other commercial clients throughout Clark County. Our asphalt services include those appearing on the following list.
• Crack Repair: Neglected cracks pose a serious threat to asphalt pavement and are a leading cause of premature failure. Cracks will only get worse over time, so plan to have them repaired annually.
• Sealcoating: The desert climate is tough on asphalt pavement. However, if you maintain your sealcoating, you can protect your pavement from the damaging effects of UV rays and oxidation. Sealcoating also rejuvenates the pavement’s color and helps prevent damage from automotive fluids. Plan on having a fresh coat of sealant applied every 18 to 24 months.
• Parking Lot Layout and Design: A great design can help you provide more parking spaces, eliminate or mitigate congestion, enhance safety, and meet certain mandatory requirements for accessible parking spaces and routes. Ask your contractor to review your design when you have your parking lot striped.
• Parking Lot Striping and Pavement Markings: Fresh paint can enhance your property’s curb appeal, but it also helps make your parking lot safer. Crisp, highly visible markings help reduce confusion by providing guidance to both drivers and pedestrians. Plan on having fresh paint applied when you have your parking lot sealed.
• Traffic Signs: Some property managers or owners are unaware that specific signs are required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Other signs can be installed to help control the speed of traffic, indicate no-parking areas, or establish which driver must yield at intersecting traffic aisles.
• Road Markings: Road markings are often used in conjunction with or ahead of signs. They typically convey cautionary information or direct traffic patterns.
• Stencils: Stencils have a wide range of uses. They can be used to label parking spaces for specific employees, mark passenger loading areas, or convey other types of relevant information.
• Bumper Blocks: Also known as wheel stops, bumper blocks can improve the safety of your parking lot. They can prevent drivers from pulling through adjacent spaces, help them determine their vehicle’s position within the space, or help stop them from damaging your landscaping, structures, or other features.
If you need asphalt maintenance in Boulder City, contact Affordable Striping & Sealing for a free quote by either submitting our online form or calling 702-222-9009. We have an exemplary reputation for delivering high-quality work at affordable prices.