AFFORDABLE STRIPING & SEALING, LLC
4440 E Alexander Rd
Suite A , Las Vegas, NV 89115
Contractor license NV #67803
Copyright 2019 – Affordable Striping & Sealing, LLC
1. Asphalt has been used for many centuries, with documented accounts dating to the ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Babylonians and Romans.
2. The first known asphalt roadway was constructed over 2,600 years ago, but asphalt pavement did not see widespread use in Europe until the 1800s.
3. Asphalt pavement can be completely recycled and is the most recycled material in the United States, accounting for more than the total of all other commonly recycled materials combined.
4. The Environmental Protection Agency considers asphalt as an “environmentally friendly” material, and the EPA approves its use to line water reservoirs, landfills and as a mulching aid.
5. Asphalt pavement is used on approximately 94 percent of all paved roads in America.
6. Engineers have calculated that one car traveling one mile on an unpaved roadway produces as much as 4.5 pounds of airborne dust. Those living or working in the area face reduced air quality and increased cleaning tasks.
7. Recycling asphalt pavement saves an estimated $2.6 billion annually for American taxpayers.
8. In the 16th century, Sir Walter Raleigh used a natural source of asphalt for to re-caulk his ships, allowing him to continue his journey with the knowledge that his vessels were sufficiently waterproofed.
9. Asphalt pavement is used at many major airports for tarmacs and runways.
10. Author Laura Ingalls Wilder encountered asphalt pavement for the first time in 1894 after arriving in Topeka with her parents. She described the sound-muffling properties, cleanliness and resiliency of the pavement as being “like magic.”
11. Ancient Egyptians incorporated asphalt in the embalming procedure used to create mummies.
12. Biblical accounts describe the basket that was used for the infant Moses as having been “daubed with bitumen” before it was placed in the river.
Affordable Striping & Sealing is a locally owned Las Vegas company offering an extensive range of asphalt repair and maintenance services. We are the area’s leading “parking lot specialist” and can provide you with parking lot striping, sealcoating, crack-filling, traffic sign installation and many more asphalt-related services. We use only quality materials and the latest techniques to deliver exceptional results at affordable rates. You can use our online form to request a free quote, or give us a call at 702-222-9009.