AFFORDABLE STRIPING & SEALING, LLC
4440 E Alexander Rd
Suite A , Las Vegas, NV 89115
Contractor license NV #67803
Copyright 2019 – Affordable Striping & Sealing, LLC
If you want your asphalt pavement to have a long life, sealcoating offers you an economical and effective way to achieve your goal. However, despite sealcoating’s relatively low cost, you still want your sealant to last as long as possible. After all, you chose to have sealcoating applied to protect and beautify your pavement. If your sealcoating flakes, peels or turns to dust, your pavement will be left unprotected and its appearance can be marred. A reputable sealcoating contractor understands the factors that can lead to the failure of a sealcoating job and will take the proper steps to prevent the premature deterioration of your sealcoating.
Sealcoating is applied as a liquid that bonds to the pavement and dries to form a tough shell. Most premature failures are the result of something that interferes with the bonding process.
• Dirty Pavement: Loose gravel and dirt will prevent the sealcoating and pavement from bonding. If the pavement is not cleaned adequately before the sealant is applied, it will not be long before the sealcoating begins to peel off, flake or simply wear away.
• Oil Spots: Oil is a wonderful product to use if you want to ensure that one substance will not stick to another. This may be desirable when cooking, but it will prevent the formation of a bond between your pavement and the sealant. Oil spots should be cleaned assiduously, and they may need to be primed before the sealant is applied.
• Pavement’s Youth: Sealcoating should never be applied to brand-new pavement; newly installed pavement contains excess surface oils that need to be dissipated. Depending on the season in which the pavement is installed, the waiting time will be between 60 days and 12 months.
• Pavement’s Maturity: Many older pavements have strong foundations, but they may show signs that the surface aggregate has become highly polished, especially in the driving lanes, entrances and exits of a parking lot. Polished aggregate will be too slick for the sealcoating to bond, so it may be necessary to prime the area before sealcoating. It may also be necessary to prime all or most of an older pavement that is highly oxidized.
• Damaged Pavement: Sealants are wonderful products, but they cannot magically repair a damaged pavement. Cracks must be sealed or filled before the sealcoating is applied. If there are areas of alligatored pavement, the damaged areas may need to be removed and replaced. A damaged foundation may also require repairs prior to sealcoating.
Most sealcoating failures can be avoided if you hire an experienced professional with an outstanding reputation. Affordable Striping & Sealing is a Las Vegas asphalt maintenance contractor and we have the expertise that you need. The materials we use are of the highest quality, our techniques are state-of-the-art and our customer service is unparalleled. Our goal is to build long-lasting relationships with our clients by ensuring that every customer is completely satisfied with our work. We offer a wide range of services, including sealcoating, striping, asphalt crack sealing, traffic sign installation, curb painting, bumper blocks and road markings. To obtain a free quote, submit our online form or call (702) 222-9009.
See Recent FAQs Below