AFFORDABLE STRIPING & SEALING, LLC
4440 E Alexander Rd
Suite A , Las Vegas, NV 89115
Contractor license NV #67803
Copyright 2019 – Affordable Striping & Sealing, LLC
Asphalt sealcoating is an important part of routine maintenance for asphalt pavement. Paving companies advise that the average parking lot will need to have fresh sealant applied every two to three years, but pavement that receives a high volume of traffic or that supports heavyweight vehicles may need annual sealcoating. Although professional sealcoating is quite economical, there are many factors that sealcoating contractors must evaluate before they can provide you with an accurate quote.
Sealcoating contractors evaluate many different factors when preparing quotes for their customers. Following are some of the critical factors that they must include in their evaluation.
• Condition: Before the application of a sealcoating material, the surface of the pavement will need to be thoroughly cleaned and allowed to dry. Dirt, rocks, trash and other debris will have to be removed as well as any accumulations of automotive fluids. Vegetation growing from cracks or trailing over the edges of the pavement will also need to be removed. Pothole repairs, crack filling and other repair procedures will have to be performed. The amount of work required to prepare the surface will have a direct influence on the cost of the job.
• Size: The total square footage of the asphalt surface to be sealcoated is normally used by most asphalt contractors for calculating costs. However, some paving companies use an hourly rate that is based on how long it takes an average crew to apply sealant to an area of a specific size.
• Complexity: The actual architecture of the asphalt paving will also be taken into account. Any twists, turns or cut-ins may require additional charges to compensate for increased labor costs.
• Location: The location of the job site can create additional cost. The contractor must move his equipment, workers and materials to the site. Travel requires fuel and time, so the greater the distance, the higher the cost will be. Asphalt paving professionals refer to these transportation costs as mobilization expenses.
• Traffic: The amount of traffic an asphalt pavement receives directly affects the number of layers of sealant that the pavement will need. Additional coats require more material, but they also require additional time for application.
• Materials: Not all sealants are of equal quality. The best sealants may cost a bit more, but the additional expense may be justified if the customer requires superior durability or exceptional aesthetics.
Asphalt contractors recommend that all new pavements be sealed within the first year and have new sealcoating applied periodically. If the sealcoating is allowed to wear off or deteriorate, the asphalt pavement will have no protection from the sun, automotive fluids and other things that can destroy the pavement. Unprotected asphalt pavement will age quicker; exposure to UV rays can make it dry and brittle, and automotive fluids can render it soft and crumbly. Cracks may appear on the asphalt surface and eventually lead to potholes or more serious problems. Sealcoating produces a hard film that seals out chemicals and blocks UV rays.
Sealcoating also produces an even, smooth, dark surface that enhances curb appeal. Commercial parking lots are immediately transformed into expanses that are aesthetically pleasing and welcoming to customers. A well-maintained parking lot shows visitors that the business owner appreciates their patronage.
Affordable Striping & Sealing specializes in asphalt maintenance for customers throughout the greater Las Vegas area. In addition to sealcoating, we offer asphalt repairs, asphalt striping and road marking, road markings, traffic sign installation, parking lot design, curb painting and bumper blocks. We are known for using quality materials and the latest techniques to deliver exceptional work at affordable rates. To request a free quote, simply fill out the online form or call us at (702) 222-9009.