AFFORDABLE STRIPING & SEALING, LLC
4440 E Alexander Rd
Suite A , Las Vegas, NV 89115
Contractor license NV #67803
Copyright 2019 – Affordable Striping & Sealing, LLC
Pavement maintenance experts can use a variety of products and techniques to clean oil stains on asphalt. However, the average American often does not have access to the same equipment or products that professionals use. Nevertheless, it is important to remove oil stains as soon as possible (or at least remove all of it that you can) to prevent damage to the asphalt. Ignoring stains can lead to costly repairs, and you cannot put a sealant over oil stains.
Cleaning oil, transmission fluid and gasoline stains on an asphalt surface is a chore that few people would consider an enjoyable task. However, if you follow these steps, you may find the work easier and the results better.• Select an appropriate cleanser. You want one that is solvent-free, so be sure and check the ingredients even if the cleanser is labelled as a driveway cleaner. Many companies that offer asphalt maintenance services will sell you an asphalt cleaner. Alternatively, you can choose a biodegradable cleanser — Simple Green is a popular choice — or liquid dish soap.
• Fill a pail with water and add enough cleanser to make a soapy solution.
• Saturate the stain with the cleaning solution and leave it alone for a few minutes.
• Use a stiff-bristled brush to scrub the stain. (Do not use a wire brush.)
• If the brush loosens gravel or chunks of asphalt, do not continue to scrub as this indicates that the asphalt has been damaged. It will probably need to be replaced.
• Whether you have completed the scrubbing or stopped due to signs of damage, rinse the area thoroughly with clear water. Never try to apply a sealant over an area that has not been rinsed to remove all traces of soap residue.
• Let the area dry, and then check to make sure the stain has not softened the asphalt. If it has, consult an asphalt professional.
• If the stain has not been removed to your satisfaction, you can repeat the process.
•If the asphalt is unharmed, you can apply a sealant.
• Or, if your in Las Vegas, call an asphalt contractor for help!
Affordable Striping & Sealing is a Las Vegas company offering quality asphalt repair and pavement maintenance services at a competitive price. We can manage you parking lot design, install traffic signs, provide asphalt sealing or repair damaged areas. Contact us for a free quote by calling 702-222-9009 or submitting our online form.