AFFORDABLE STRIPING & SEALING, LLC
4440 E Alexander Rd
Suite A , Las Vegas, NV 89115
Contractor license NV #67803
Copyright 2019 – Affordable Striping & Sealing, LLC
Don’t let your asphalt pavement fall into ruin and disrepair. An asphalt parking lot can last a very long time, but only with periodic resealing. Good thing the process is not terribly complicated. Here are the seven basic steps of sealcoating:
1. All vehicles must be removed and the parking lot blocked-off before doing anything else. After that, make certain that all automated sprinklers in the area are turned completely off. They’ll need to be off for at least 24 hours.
2. Before sealcoating an asphalt surface, all debris must be removed. This means dirt, leaves, mold and other debris. We may use a blower, a broom or a brush. We use water only if we have to, as it will slow progress on the job site.
3. If there are oil stains or chemical spills on the asphalt lot, they must be covered with a sealant primer. This is a crucial step, as sealant will not properly adhere to an oily surface.
4. Cracks and other defects must be filled and repaired with a high quality crack sealant.
5. At least two coats of commercial grade asphalt sealant should be applied. Any less than that, and the Las Vegas sun will degrade the sealant rather quickly.
6. When the resealed surface is properly set, parking lines and traffic markers can be reapplied. Water-based acrylic paint is preferred, as oil-based paints may absorb the pigment of the sealant, resulting in discoloration.
Affordable Striping & Sealing has been providing first class asphalt sealing and marking services in the Las Vegas area since 2007. We’re proud of our A+ rating with the Nevada Better Business Bureau. For additional info, or to arrange a free price estimate, please call 702.222.9009 or fill out the Free Job Quote form.
We are the Las Vegas experts in asphalt parking lot maintenance!