AFFORDABLE STRIPING & SEALING, LLC
4440 E Alexander Rd
Suite A , Las Vegas, NV 89115
Contractor license NV #67803
Copyright 2019 – Affordable Striping & Sealing, LLC
If you are responsible for the health of the pavement on your property, you probably know that asphalt sealcoating can transform a gray, faded pavement into one that has a beautiful, even, dark appearance. You may also be aware that sealcoating helps extend the expected life of asphalt pavement or that it is an economical addition to any asphalt maintenance plan. However, you might not realize that sealcoating is only as good as the sealcoating contractor you hire to apply it. Here are five things you should watch for when you are selecting a contractor and during the sealant application.
1. The contractor does not want to inspect your pavement before issuing a firm quote. There are many variables that can affect your price, and most of them require an in-person evaluation. For example, a reputable contractor will realize that asphalt crack sealing needs to be performed before applying the sealant; sealants cannot repair open, large cracks, so sealcoating without proper crack repairs is a waste of your money. Your contractor will also need to make a note of any pavements that are heavily shaded by nearby buildings, the number of oil stains that will need to be treated, the overall condition of the pavement, the amount of handwork that will be required and numerous other factors.
2. The contractor arrives to begin work, but the equipment brought is inadequate. For example, if you are having a large parking lot sealed, the contractor should have more equipment than a few squeegees or brushes, and the sealant should not be the 5-gallon buckets of sealcoating sold by your local hardware store.
3. The asphalt contractor acts offended when you ask for references and proof of insurance. Experienced contractors will have a long list of happy customers to serve as references, and reputable contractors will carry workers’ compensation insurance as well as general liability insurance. In some cases, unscrupulous sealcoating contractors will cut costs by going without insurance. This can allow them to submit a ridiculously low bid, but it can also leave you on the hook if a customer’s car is damaged, your landscaping is destroyed, or sealant is sprayed on your walls, signs or walkways.
4. The contractor does not clean your pavement before sealcoating is applied. A clean pavement is a critical part of a successful sealcoating job. If sealcoating is sprayed over dirt or oily automotive fluids, the sealant will be unable to form a proper bond with the pavement and will quickly begin to flake, crack and peel.
5. The contractor tells you that sand is not included in his mix design. Not adding sand saves the contractor the cost of the sand, but it also leaves room for him to add an excessive amount of water to the mix. The watered-down sealant will cover a greater area, but it will also fail prematurely. Sand helps make the sealcoating more skid-resistant and improves its durability.
At Affordable Striping & Sealing, we are more than just sealcoating and striping contractors. We offer an extensive range of asphalt maintenance and repair services in addition to asphalt sealcoating and parking lot striping, including parking lot design, asphalt crack repairs, road markings and traffic sign installation. Our rates are affordable, but the quality of our work is exceptional. When you need a free quote from an experienced, dependable contractor, call our office at 702-222-9009 or complete our online form.